From "Deploy" to "Scale"
Following the Media Lab's ethos, "Deploy", the E14 Fund was created to help Media Lab entrepreneurs scale their impact through their companies. We do this by serving the Media Lab community of students, faculty, members and alumni and by investing capital into their companies.
As the MIT Media Lab affiliated fund, E14 fund supports the community whether in the Lab or after graduating by:
- spending time with founders and future founders wherever they are in their entrepreneurial journey.
- mentoring and coaching students as they complete their academic pursuits and weigh their career options.
- hosting regular events and workshops at the Media Lab.
- advising founders as they start to build their teams and develop commercial prototypes.
- ... and at the right time, providing first outside capital to young startups and help find co-investors, partners and customers.